Our Museum School classroom features a REME-HALO Ultra-violet air purification system
and Hepa filter for everyone's safety. Read more about our Covid policy here.
Cancellation policy: 1-week notice is required for refund.
- Wed, Oct 05Cape Cod Museum of Art10/5 – 10/26. Explore 40 figurative and abstract artists, who are part of the museum's 2,000+ piece collection. Deborah Forman will be looking at the art within the context of the period and comparing and contrasting the different approaches, as well as exploring what is "modern" about the work.
- Sat, Oct 15Cape Cod Museum of Art10/15; 1:00-3:00 PM. A conceptual experience as seen through the CCOSI exhibition. Sculptor Roe Osborn will lead the group in looking at the concepts behind the sculptures, the ideas they seem to spring from, and the different approaches that the sculptors have taken in their pieces.
- Mon, Oct 17Cape Cod Museum of Art10/17-11/7. Discover how fun florals can be working from both still-life floral arrangements & photos to create loose paintings that are playful and light. Special attention will be paid to composition, building the forms, and experimenting with expressive brush strokes with Amy Middleton.
- Fri, Oct 21Cape Cod Museum of ArtOctober 21, 6-8PM. Join our fun and informative PAINT NIGHT session with Instructor Michael Giaquinto. Each person will take away a painting along with new ideas about the creative process and visual expression. This month, Michael will instruct the group in a Gifford Beal landscape composition.
- Fri, Oct 28Cape Cod Museum of Art10/28; 11:00-3:00 pm. With more than 50 designs to choose from you are sure to find just the right pattern or design to create a unique piece of jewelry with metal clay artist Kim Rumberger. No experience is necessary, and this class is excellent for beginners.
- Tue, Nov 01Cape Cod Museum of ArtAdvanced/Intermediate Students: Find your voice, be fearless and get inspired with Cape Cod artist Ed Chesnovitch. In this 4-week class for oil and acrylic painters, we will venture out on location to observe and gather info, then come back to the studio to put it together and make it work.
- Tue, Nov 01Cape Cod Museum of Art(6) Tuesdays, 11/1 - 12/13, 6:00-8:00 PM. This class is designed for the beginning drawer who appreciates art and has always wanted to learn to draw as well as for those looking for a refresher course with instructor Craig Caldwell.
- Fri, Nov 04Cape Cod Museum of Art11/4 & 11/11; 10:00 – 12:00; Learn the fundamentals of visual storytelling and start applying it today. In this workshop, you will learn how to make short films relying only on a smartphone and your own imagination. No filmmaking experience is required.
- Fri, Nov 04Cape Cod Museum of ArtBringing Edward Hopper's paintings to life and connecting the past to the present through interviews with artists, historians and an author, the film explores the different ways in which Hopper's work continues to inspire people to create.
- Sat, Nov 05Cape Cod Museum of Art11/5, 10:00 – 4:00 pm. Award-winning oil painter, Patty Barnes will instruct participants in this fun and expressive one-day painting workshop. This is a great opportunity to paint an unusual holiday gift for a special someone!
- Sat, Nov 05Cape Cod Museum of ArtBringing Edward Hopper's paintings to life and connecting the past to the present through interviews with artists, historians and an author, the film explores the different ways in which Hopper's work continues to inspire people to create.
- Tue, Nov 15Cape Cod Museum of Art11/15-12/20; 10-12:30 pm. Coco Raymond is a local Cape Codder and lifelong ceramicist who combines traditional iconography and folk art with modern techniques. Whether it’s mastering handles or learning how to throw chip and dip plates, you’ll get the guidance you need to push your abilities!
- Tue, Nov 15Cape Cod Museum of Art11/15-12/20; 6-8:30 pm. From vases and bottles to pitchers and jars, students will spend six weeks learning the ins, outs, ups, and downs of throwing vessels, including designing and glazing their own creations with instructor Coco Raymond.
- Fri, Nov 18Cape Cod Museum of ArtNovember 18, 6-8PM. Join our fun and informative PAINT NIGHT session with Instructor Michael Giaquinto. Each person will take away a painting along with new ideas about the creative process and visual expression. This month, Michael will instruct the group in a Vernon Coleman landscape composition.
- Fri, Dec 09Cape Cod Museum of ArtDecember 9-10, 10:00-1:30 each day. In this popular 2-day workshop, students will learn the ancient art of Shibori dyeing with instructor Sue Fox Mitrano. Create fabulous wearables using Indigo dye for yourself or to give as gifts.