Joe Mongelli Jazz Trio Plays Sinatra
Time & Location
Joe Mongelli: Trumpet and Flugelhorn
Mark Borgmann: Piano
Michael Ryle: Upright Bass
Joe Mongelli & The Cape Jazz Crew Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChJhKa2UkWSH3smIX8RuL3w
- Harwich trumpeter Joe Mongelli studied jazz, music composition and arranging in New York City during the 1970’s and 1980’s. Like many musicians, he spent most of his working years in another profession as he and his wife Clare raised their family. After moving to the Boston-area in 1988, though, he kept playing nights and week-ends, writing songs and arranging for big bands. He retired to the Cape a few years ago and since then has been at it full time again playing jazz with his own groups (Joe Mongelli Jazz Trio, Quintet and The Cape Jazz Crew) and with others at Mid and Outer Cape venues. In 2016 he released a highly acclaimed CD entitled WashAshore. It showcases some of the Cape’s best jazz musicians playing Joe’s unique arrangements of great jazz standards. (See www.joemongellimusic.com for more info).
- Eastham bassist Michael Ryle studied with Edgar Meyer Sr at the University of Tennessee and began his professional career performing with orchestras in the greater Knoxville area and at the World’s Fair. He moved to New England in 1983 and put aside the instrument to work as a software engineer and study piano but since coming to Cape Cod in 1998 he has picked up where he left off, performing with the Cape Cod Symphony, freelancing jazz and chamber music and arranging and composing for big bands and his own group, Jazzical Cats.
- Mark Borgmann, piano, lives in Dennis and plays all over Cape Cod. Whether it’s jazz, pop, blues or rock ’n roll, Mark does it all. He was recently the featured piano soloist with the Joe Mongelli Quintet for a series of Cape concerts recreating Miles Davis and John Coltrane’s famous collaborations from the late 1950’s. Mark plays regularly with the Mojo Kings, the Sharkz Jazz group, the Bert Jackson Quartet, and Pocketful of Soul. He can often be heard as a piano soloist and accompanying many of the Cape’s most well-known singers at area restaurants. (See https://www.markborgmannmusic.com for more info)
- General Season Pass$170$1700$0
- Members Season Pass$140$1400$0