Sun, Jan 06|
Cape Cod Museum of Art
Jerry Portnoy: Blues for a Sunday Afternoon
The Cape Cod Museum of Art’s popular “Music & More!” Concert Series, which has been bringing joyful music to Cape Codders for 16 years, opens the New Year with a spirited performance of classic Blues and American Roots Music by Jerry Portnoy and Brother Phil.
Time & Location
Jan 06, 2019, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Cape Cod Museum of Art, 60 Hope Ln, Dennis, MA 02638, USA
Blues Harp Musician Jerry Portnoy grew up in the blues-rich atmosphere of Chicago. He was a member of the fabled Muddy Waters Blues Band, led the Legendary Blues Band, and was a featured member of the Eric Clapton Band for four years. He has played on several Grammy Award-winning albums, travelled the world and performed at the White House, Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall, the Smithsonian, and London's Royal Albert Hall .
Portnoy, on harmonica and vocals, will be joined by Brother Phil on guitar and vocals.
Read about this local legend HERE >>
Visit Portnoy's Website and see some video HERE>>
The 13 Concert Music & More series offers a great variety of musical performances that include pop, folk, blues, classical, jazz and more.
The upcoming performers through March 31 are:
• January 6 - Jerry Portnoy: Blues for a Sunday Afternoon with Brother Phil
• January 13 - CrabGrass Bluegrass Band with Les Beavan (banjo) Chris Miner (mandolin) Dan Fortier (guitar), Katy Boc (fiddle) and Ted Mello (bass)
• January 20 - Dane Vannatter sings The Great American Songbook with Dane Vannatter (vocals) Fred Boyle (piano) Ron Ormsby (bass) Bart Weisman (drums)
• January 27- Chatham Chorale and Chamber Singers
• February 3 - Celebrating the 100th Birthday of Nat King Cole with Dennis Flaherty (vocals), Malcolm Granger (piano), Alan Clinger (guitar), Ron Ormsby (bass), Bart Weisman (drums)
• February 10 - Cercie Miller (sax) with Tim Ray (piano), Ron Ormsby (bass), and Bart Weisman (drums)
• February 17 - Cajun Party Dance Concert with Digney Fignus (songwriter, lead vocals, guitar, harmonica, ukulele) Chris Leadbetter (vocals, electric and slide guitar, mandolin, lap steel) Tim Fiehler (vocals, bass) Dave Dillon (drums) Special Guest: Gary Urgonski (washboard, spoons, percussion)
• February 24 - Oboe Through the Ages with Mary Cicconetti (oboe) Leah Kosch (piano)
• March 3 - We Are the Men: 21 member choir singing American, European, and Broadway Favorites
• March 10 - West Meets East with Monika Woods (clarinet) & Ana Glig (piano)
• March 17 - A Saint Patrick’s Day Concert with Rose Clancy & Max Cohen
• March 24 - The Music of Tony Bennett & Bill Evans with Holli Ross (vocals) Paul McWilliams (piano) Ron Ormsby (bass) Bart Weisman (drums)
• March 31 - Jenifer Jackson's Sultry Memory with Jenifer Jackson & her group
Not Yet Member
Music & More Full Series
Attend any or all 13 concerts for one price!
Music & More Series - Members
Attend all 13 concerts for one price!