Tue, Sep 04|
Cape Cod Museum of Art
Glass Artist Michael Magyar - The Illuminated "Giant" Sculptures
Magyar will talk about the history of his “Giants” – large illuminated sculptures that light up the night during the holiday season in Sandwich and beyond. Begun 20 years ago with just a few, they have expanded to 77 in a community effort that makes this “Giant” event happen every year!
Time & Location
Sep 04, 2018, 6:00 PM
Cape Cod Museum of Art, 60 Hope Ln, Dennis, MA 02638, USA
The Cape Cod Museum of Art Guild opens its Special Speaker Series this year with renowned Sandwich Glass Artist Michael Magyar. $15/ FREE for CCMoA Guild Members
Magyar’s glass sculptures have been in several museum exhibitions, including “Frozen Motion” at Cape Cod Museum of Art in 2003. He invites the public to watch him create handblown glass daily at his Glass Studio on Cape Cod in Sandwich. See www.capecodglass.net
Other guests in the Guild's Special Speaker Series through April 2019 will be:
- Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 1:00 pm - Peter McMahon, co-author of “Cape Cod Modern” a book about modern Architecture on Cape Cod.
- Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 1:00 pm - Allison Argo, award-winning filmmaker shares video and history of her films about endangered animals, including gorillas and horseshoe crabs.
- Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 1:00 pm - Robert Finch, Cape Cod Historian and author
- Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 1:00 pm - Officer Lori Miranda and the Cape Cod Hoarding Task Force panel discussion.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 6:00 pm – Photographer Julia Cumes – “Uncommon Journeys: Exploring Culture and Place Through Photography”
- Saturday, April 6, 2019at 1:00 pm - Dr. Stormy Mayo, Director/scientist at Center for Coastal Studies Provincetown – “Right Whales at the Brink of Extinction
About the CCMoA Guild:
- The Guild is a creative and energetic volunteer group that supports the Museum by assisting at fun museum events, sponsoring stimulating programs and conducting exciting fundraisers. One of their favorites is the annual Fashion Show and Luncheon which will be held this year at the Wequassett Resort and Golf Club in May. Beyond the deep satisfaction of surrounding themselves with inspiring art, Guild members receive free admission to hear monthly speakers on topics of interest and discounts on many Museum events. See more and sign up for the Guild: https://www.ccmoa.org/join-the-guild
Members of the CCMoA Guild$0.00