FOLK ART PAINTING with Michael Giaquinto
Time & Location
Artistically create a unique piece of folk art using step-by-step instructions; all levels are welcome.
This workshop will bring together acrylic paint in a folk art style. Demonstrations, critiques and group discussion will be included.
About Michael Giaquinto
Michael A. Giaquinto is the Exhibitions Curator at the Cape Cod Museum of Art. He studied art at Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA; North Carolina State University, where he studied Art History. He also taught art at St. John Paul II High School in Hyannis, MA and teaches painting for adults at the Weny Education Center at CCMoA. He has held workshops at the DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park, Lincoln, Ma & The Truro Center for the Arts. Giaquinto was awarded "Crafsman of the Year" by the Early American Life Magazine in 2001 and 2005. He is represented in Deborah Forman's book, Contemporary Cape Cod Artists on Abstraction, 2015.
Folk Art Painting - Materials List
Instructor: Michael A. Giaquinto, 508-385-4477 ext 11
- Paints “BASICS” (Brand name) – Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cobalt Blue, Black & White. (These are Primary Colors plus Black and White) 150ml tubes.
- Brushes: Variety of sizes for acrylic paint + 2” wide brush (inexpensive).
- Canvas Boards or Stretched Canvas; 11” x 14”, 14 “x 18” or 16” x 20”
- One empty coffee can for water. Clean rags or a roll of paper towels.
- Not-Yet Members$135$1350$0