Paper Cutting Workshop - Tuesdays: Feb. 23 - March 9
Time & Location
Paper Cutting Workshop with Peter Michael Martin & Abby Martin
3 Tuesdays: 2/23, 3/2 & 3/9
from 11am to 1 pm
In the artful spirit of Miroslawa, CCMoA is offering a 3-week workshop on paper cutting. The workshop will focus on those traditional forms of Polish paper cuts and egg decorating that inspired Miroslawa during her life here on Cape Cod.
• An overview of two regional styles exclusive to Poland will be discussed and participants will learn to identify and create images of both.
• Contemporary examples of Paper Cutting will be viewed and discussed. Participants will be encouraged to develop their own designs to complete in class or at home
• A major element in Miroslawa’s portfolio is her magnificently adorned eggs. We will also engage in this process from preparing the egg and decorating in the style of Miroslawa as well be encouraged to create their own.
Peter was a friend and confidant to Miroslawa for 31 years. His daughter Abby Martin was a fifth grader in 1996 and a member of the last elementary school class that Miroslawa volunteered in to share her techniques.
one pair of straight edged cuticle scissors
one large eyed sewing needle
one spool of thread (any sewing thread)
mat board (acid free white / mat board)
small paint brush (ie #4)
colored paper / fadeless art paper
This class is offered in conjunction with Paper Talks: The Life of Miroslawa Pissarenko, on view 1/21/21 - 4/4/21
- Paper Cutting: Members$110$1100$0
- Paper Cutting: Non-Members$120$1200$0