Exploring Oil Painting (I) with Patty Barnes - Thursdays, February 4 - February 25
Time & Location
In this beginner/advanced beginner class, Patty shares all of the "practical tips that I wish I had learned earlier." Color, light, value, edges, composition and paint quality will be covered. Students will be invited to work from color photographic references. Weekly group critiques of past and present work will also be included. Patty’s own artwork can be seen in the CCMoA Museum Gift Shop and Eastwind Gallery in Orleans. Express your artistic voice and become an oil painter!
“This is the time not to learn to paint, but to paint to learn.”
Patty suggests purchasing from jerrysartarama.com - they are reliable, timely and offer free shipping.
Here is a direct link to the supply listn for this class:
- Gamblin Oil Paint (professional grade)
Introductory set of 9.
- Mediums: Gamsol, Liquin (optional)
- Gamblin Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits 4.2 oz
- Can or jar to carry Gamsol solvent
- Canvas: (3) 8x10 canvases
- Brushes: I use Grumbacher Gainsborough as the are easy to clean and fit well in a female hand Sizes—#2,4,8,10 brights
- Freezer paper and tape Paper towel
- Photographs: Various color photographs of subjects you wish to paint.
Patricia Hopkins Barnes, an award winning oil painter, studied drawing, watercolor and oil painting at Marymount College, Tarrytown NY graduating with a BFA in Art History. She earned her Masters at the University of Wisconsin.
Barnes' work has been juried into National Shows at the Creative Art Center of Cape Cod the Cultural Center of Cape Cod and the Cape Cod Art Center. In a simple, painterly manner Barnes specializes in oils that capture the Provincelands. Her work has sold Nationally and Internationally and is available at: The Hyannisport Club, Eastwind Gallery in Orleans MA and The Cape Cod Museum of Art in Dennis MA. Ms. She is a member of the American Impressionist Society, Inc. And Oil Painters of America.
- Patty Barnes Oil / non-member$110$1100$0
- Patty Barnes Oil / non- Member$100$1000$0