CREATIVE COASTAL PHOTOGRAPHY Workshop with John Tunney- 3 Days: July 28-30
Time & Location
Come learn the art of creative fine-art photography while exploring the beaches, dunes and harbors of the Lower and Outer Cape and the Cape Cod National Seashore.
In this workshop, photographer John Tunney will take you to some of the Cape’s most beautiful locations and show you how to “see” a scene, discover its creative potential and produce a creative and expressive fine-art image. We’ll go on field shoots in the mornings and late afternoon into evening, plus one Milky Way shoot, and have midday classroom sessions for editing and reviewing pictures.
What you’ll learn:
– How to create impressionistic images using long exposures, camera motion, depth of field and multiple exposures
– The creative use of wide angle and telephoto lenses
– How to see and use the elements of design in composing your images
– Low-light photography tips
– How to photograph the Milky Way
– Processing tips to fine-tune your compositions for added expressiveness, dimensionality and finish
What to bring:
– DSLR or mirrorless equivalent
– Wide angle and telephoto lens
– Neutral density filter – 8-10 stop (optional, but recommended)
– Polarizing filter (optional, but recommended)
– Sturdy tripod
– Remote shutter release
– PhotoPills App (optional)
– Computer loaded with Lightroom, Photoshop or equivalent software
About the Instructor
John Tunney is a Cape Cod-based fine-art photographer and photography educator. A frequent exhibitor in art shows and festivals, his award-winning work has been featured in a solo exhibition at the Griffin Museum of Photography, Winchester, MA, and in many solo and group shows in galleries and other exhibition centers. He is the author of the photography book, The Four Seasons of Cape Cod and his images have appeared in books, magazine and newspapers. A year-round resident of Cape Cod, John has been leading photography workshops and photo tours on the Cape for more than 10 years. Visit his website at www.jtunney.com. instagram.com/johntunneyphotography.
This class is being offered as a collaboration between our Museum School and the Cape Cod Art Center.
- JohnTunneyPhotography - Member$395$3950$0