Wed, Jan 17|
Cape Cod Museum of Art
3-Week Series: Art History for Travelers with Sue Altman
(3) Wednesdays, 1/17-1/31, from 2:00-3:00 pm. This is a class for armchair travelers, those who want to relive the joys of a past trip or those planning one in the future. Each class explores a different country and its essential contributions to art history.
Time & Location
Jan 17, 2024, 2:00 PM
Cape Cod Museum of Art, 60 Hope Ln, Dennis, MA 02638, USA
The Cape Cod Museum of Art presents:
Art History for Travelers with Sue Altman
(3) Wednesdays, January 17 - January 31, from 2:00 – 3:00 pm
Member $35 / Non-Member $45
This is a class for armchair travelers, those who want to relive the joys of a past trip, or those planning one in the future. Each class explores a different country and its essential contributions to art history.
- Italy The country that brought us countless treasures of the Renaissance and Baroque, is also the home of Roman architectural wonders like the Colosseum and Forum.
- France An exploration of French art: from Roman structures such as the Pont du Gard in Provence, to the must-see masterpieces of the Louvre to the Impressionist museums of the South.
- Spain Great Spanish geniuses such as Goya and Velasquez are the highlights of the Prado in Madrid. Barcelona features the modern masters, Picasso and Miro. Several important cathedrals will also be discussed, from Santiago de Compostela to the fabulous Sagrada Familia.
Suzanne Altman is an art educator and art historian who has presented art and art history programs throughout Rockland, Bergen and Westchester counties, for both adult and teenage audiences. She is also a painter who works out of her studio and art school in Ossining, NY and exhibits frequently. See her work at www.suealtmanart.com or on Instagram @artworkshudson
The Cape Cod Museum of Art is committed to making Art accessible to everyone in the Cape Cod Community. The Museum School Scholarship Fund provides tuition assistance to qualified, year-round Cape Cod residents ages 6 and up. Click here to apply.
Image Credit: Pablo Picassa, Guernica
Cancellation Policy: A one-week advance cancellation notice is required in order to receive a refund.
- Ticket type
Pricing OptionsPriceFrom $35.00 to $45.00