Mixed Media / Collage Workshops with Water-based Materials - March
Time & Location
Artistically create a unique piece of art. You can reconstruct and refashion a book, using objects that tell a story.
This workshop will bring together a variety of mixed media; including collage, embellishing and paper craft.
Mixed media may include acrylic paints, graphite, pastels, crayons, ink markers, any water based materials. You can work on canvas board, pre-painted Masonite, paper, matte board, old books, any firm surface that will take paints and adhesives.
The workshop will teach you basic creative techniques for your artistic approach.
Demonstrations, critiques and group discussion will be included.
About Michael Giaquinto
Michael A. Giaquinto is the Exhibitions Curator at the Cape Cod Museum of Art. He studied art at Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA; North Carolina State University, where he studied Art History. He also taught art at St. John Paul II High School in Hyannis, MA and teaches painting for adults at the Weny Education Center at CCMoA. He has held workshops at the DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park, Lincoln, Ma & The Truro Center for the Arts. Giaquinto was awarded "Crafsman of the Year" by the Early American Life Magazine in 2001 and 2005. He is represented in Deborah Forman's book, Contemporary Cape Cod Artists on Abstraction, 2015.
Instructor: Michael Giaquinto, 508-385-4477 ext 11 or email@example.com
- Old books, magazines, if using old photographs, make copies first.
- Watercolor paints or/and acrylic paints
- Cheap hardware store brushes, 1” - 2”
- Foam brushes, 1” - 2”
- Scraps of colored paper, tissue paper
- Rubber Stamps, stencils, and ink pad
- Utility Knife and craft pen knifes
- White glue or Mod Podge or Acrylic Matte Medium
- Matte board, to mount your work on; up to 16 x 20 inches
- Metal ruler (12” or 18”)
- Paper towels
- Nov 29 - Jan 3, Nonmembers$140$1400$0