Acrylic Painting - Evenings w/ Michael Giaquinto - Jan
Time & Location
LOOK FOR THE ARTIST WITHIN YOU…AND LEARN TO MAKE ART.
Beginners to intermediate will learn to use this water medium to bring out your artist within, and most importantly, bring a sense of self to your work.
If you have never painted and always wanted to learn or if you have some experience but want to further your knowledge of acrylic painting; then this course is for you.
This is basic with a comprehensive overview of the art of acrylic painting.
The course will cover the fundamentals starting with the color wheel, mixing paints and proper use of brushes and composition. Develop your skills to improve your painting technique.
This class is for all levels.
About Michael Giaquinto
Michael A. Giaquinto is the Exhibitions Curator at the Cape Cod Museum of Art. He studied art at Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA; North Carolina State University, where he studied Art History. He also taught art at St. John Paul II High School in Hyannis, MA and teaches painting for adults at the Weny Education Center at CCMoA. He has held workshops at the DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park, Lincoln, Ma & The Truro Center for the Arts. Giaquinto was awarded "Crafsman of the Year" by the Early American Life Magazine in 2001 and 2005. He is represented in Deborah Forman's book, Contemporary Cape Cod Artists on Abstraction, 2015.
Instructor: Michael Giaquinto, 508-385-4477 ext 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paints “BASICS” – Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cobalt Blue, Black & White. (These are Primary Colors plus Black and White) 150ml tubes.
- Brushes: Variety of sizes for acrylic paint + 2” wide brush (inexpensive), for washes.
- Canvas Boards or Stretched Canvas; 11” x 14”
- One empty coffee can for water. Clean rags or a roll of paper towels.
- Not-Yet Members$140$1400$0