Mon, May 17|
Abstract Painting with Mellissa Morris - on Zoom May 17 - June 21, 2 pm - 4 pm
Mondays (5 weeks) May 17 – June 21, 2021; 2:00 pm-4:00 pm In this class students will develop a visual language, work in series, hone in on individual styles and personal point of views.
Time & Location
May 17, 2021, 2:00 PM
Abstract Painting ONLINE (zoom)
Instructor: Melissa Morris
Day: Mondays (5 weeks) Class begins May 17 – June 21, 2021
Cost: Members $120 | Non-Members $145
In this class students will develop a visual language, work in series, hone in on individual styles and personal point of views. Critiques, Demonstrations, and techniques will be given on how to manipulate the properties of paint via color mixing, using mixed medias, and composing dynamic imagery. Beginners to advanced students welcome.
This class is being offered as a collaboration between our Museum School and the Cape Cod Art Center.
You will be sent a zoom link from the Cape Cod Art Center prior to the first class.
- A Notebook
- Paint Set (Acrylic) – Liquitex or Golden brands are best, Artist Loft is OK ***Titanium white, Yellow Hanse, yellow cadmium medium, cadmium med red, naphthol OR pyrole red, magenta, alizarin, ultramarine blue, dioxazine purple, sap green OR viridian green OR hookers green, and a bone black OR mars black OR carbon black. If you like really saturated acidic colors you may want to purchase a pythalo blue or green (optional).
- Palette for mixing colors. I like the throw away pads. They are convenient and easy to use.
- Small and large brushes
- Metal off-set pointed palette knives pencils/pens/markers (optional) drawing media (optional)
- Matte and/or Glazing mediums (optional) oil pastels (optional) collage materials (optional)
- Paper or canvas or wood panels …Bristol, water color, printmaking, & mixed media papers are best for holding up to a lot of medium paper towels.
- Painters tape
Mellissa Morris is currently the artist in residence for the town of Barnstable, she lives and works in a creative Art Space open to the public year-round. Mellissa has shown her work throughout Cape Cod and new England. Mellissa has been teaching Abstract Painting and drawing courses for over ten years. She holds a master’s degree in fine arts Painting, and is a certified practitioner in Hatha Yoga, Mindfulness and Meditation, and energy Reiki Healing. Born and raised on Cape Cod Mass, Mellissa is the eldest daughter of seven children, Mother of her only daughter Lilly and her two cats, Nido and Leo. If Mellissa isn’t at her studio making and creating copious amounts of work, you can find her at her owned and operated restaurant The Little Sandwich Shop in Hyannis. More about Mellissa and her work can be found at Mellissamorris.com
Artist Statement: I think that this world and my human experience is a phenomenal and magical happening. There are so many unexplainable truths regarding cycles, the spirit, the endless universe, and our humble human existence. In my work I record and research my memories and my imagination to become closer to the interconnectivity of this massive system of life. With paint I transform emotions into color, experiences into shapes, and imagination and spirit into material.
Abstract Painting - Member
Abstract Painting with Mellissa Morris on Zoom 5 weekly classes (Mondays), May 17 to June 21, 2021 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Member rate is for CCMoA and CCAC members.
Abstract Painting - NonMember
Abstract Painting with Mellissa Morris on Zoom 5 weekly classes (Mondays), May 17 to June 21 2021 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm.