Wed, Aug 23|
Cape Cod Museum of Art
Beginner Acrylic Painting with Michael A. Giaquinto
(4) Wednesdays, August 23 - September 13, 6-8 pm. Beginner to intermediate students will learn to use this water medium to bring out their artist within, and most importantly, bring a sense of self to their work.
Time & Location
Aug 23, 6:00 PM
Cape Cod Museum of Art, 60 Hope Ln, Dennis, MA 02638, USA
The Museum School at the Cape Cod Museum of Art presents:
Beginner Acrylic Painting with Michael Giaquinto
(4) Wednesdays, August 23 - Septemner 13, from 6-8 pm.
Member $120 / Non-Member $135
Beginner to intermediate students will learn to use this water medium to bring out their artist within, and most importantly, bring a sense of self to their work. If you have never painted and always wanted to learn or if you have some experience but want to further your knowledge of acrylic painting; then this course is for you! This is basic with a comprehensive overview of the art of acrylic painting.
The course will cover the fundamentals starting with the color wheel, mixing paints, and proper use of brushes and composition. Develop your skills to improve your painting technique. This class is for all levels.
- Paints “BASICS” – Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cobalt Blue, and White. (These are Primary Colors plus White) 150ml tubes.
- Brushes: Variety of sizes for acrylic paint
- Canvas Boards 10" x 8"
- Clean rags or a roll of paper towels
- Suggested reference books: Daily Painting by Carol Marine and Learn to Paint in Acrylics with 50 Small Paintings by Mark Daniel Nelson
Michael A. Giaquinto, former Exhibitions Curator at the Cape Cod Museum of Art. He studied art at Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA; North Carolina State University, where he studied Art History. He also taught art at St. John Paul II High School in Hyannis, MA, and teaches painting for adults at the Weny Education Center at CCMoA, and the Creative Arts Center, Chatham, MA.
He has held workshops at the DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park, Lincoln, MA & The Truro Center for the Arts, & Falmouth Art Center.
Giaquinto was awarded "Craftsman of the Year" by the Early American Life Magazine in 2001 and 2005. He is represented in Deborah Forman's book, Contemporary Cape Cod Artists on Abstraction, 2015.
Cancellation policy: CCMoA must be notified 1 week prior for a refund.
View Pricing Options Below
From $120.00 to $135.00
From $120.00 to $135.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal