ARTSparks! Youth Art Classes
February Vacation Week
Ages 4 - 7 • Ages 8 - 12 • Ages 13 -18
The classes below are being offered on ZOOM as a collaboration between the
MUSEUM SCHOOL at CCMoA and the Cape Cod Art Center in Barnstable
- Mon, Jan 04Cape Cod Museum of ArtFocusing on the fundamentals of “throwing” on the potter’s wheel, these classes are an introduction to the basic visual and technical issues involving ceramic forms.
- Fri, Jan 08Cape Cod Museum of ArtFocusing on the fundamentals of “throwing” on the potter’s wheel, these classes are an introduction to the basic visual and technical issues involving ceramic forms.
- Mon, Feb 22ZoomMondays - 6 classes February 22- March 29. This class will explore the coordination of the mental with the physical processes in developing a painting, and how this helps to create a freer, more spontaneous approach to your watercolor. Intermediate to advanced students.
- Tue, Feb 23ZoomTuesdays (6 weeks) February 23 – March 30, 2021; 10:00am -2:00 pm In this fun ONLINE intro to acrylic painting class students will learn how to use acrylic paints, mediums, tools, and build an individual visual vocabulary.
- Tue, Feb 23Cape Cod Museum of ArtLearn traditional and contemporary paper cutting styles and techniques, and how to decorate eggs like Miroslawa Pissarenko. This workshop is offered in conjunction with PAPER TALKS: The Life of Miroslawa Pissarenko.
- Tue, Feb 23ZoomA series of 4 Art History classes presented by Pat Stark Feinstein on Zoom
- Fri, Feb 26ZoomBeginners to intermediate. This course will begin with a review of materials and basic watercolor techniques and end with the successful completion of paintings done on the spot.
- Fri, Feb 26ZoomHave fun with a series of exercises designed to increase creativity and help students add emotional content to your acrylic work. There should be no limits to your imagination.
- Sat, Mar 13A live-streaming culinary event on ZoomMangia is going virtual this year! Each ticket includes a Mangia box filled with pasta, a jar of sauce, wine and a beautiful ceramic bowl handmade by our pottery students, plus admission to a live-streamed event that you can watch from the comfort of your own home as you enjoy your Mangia dinner!
- Sun, Mar 14YouTube Live!Rose Clancy & Max Cohen: A Live-Streaming Saint Patrick's Day Concert of Traditional & Contemporary Celtic MusicRose and Max present a live-streaming concert of traditional and contemporary Celtic Music featuring Rose’s driving fiddle style and Max’s innovative guitar and vocals. This concert promises to be a "toe tapping" uplifting hour of music! Tickets are $7.
- Tue, Mar 30Cape Cod Museum of ArtDo not fear color...paint with passion and push your color! March 30 - May 4 / 6 weeks (Tuesdays)