Cape Cod Museum of Art
The Cape Cod Museum of Art offers a variety of unpaid internship opportunities for undergraduate & graduate college students. Most internships are available for the fall and winter terms as well as during the summer.
Internships are available for the Spring & Summer 2015.
Museum Operations Internships:
Visitors Services Intern:
Visitor Services ensures a positive visitor experience at the museum. The Visitor Services Intern will assist staff in making sure the museum is ready for visitors, assist front desk volunteers with various visitor service issues (comfort, safety, comments or complaints, and accessibility) as well as ensure dissemination of accurate information. Prior visitor service and/or hospitality experience beneficial. The intern will be trained for museum specifics. This intern must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and have strong in organization skills with attention to detail, ability to multitask, handle stress, and work with people of diverse backgrounds and age levels. Must have basic experience with word processing and the ability to operate all standard office equipment.
Art Auction Intern:
Assist the Auction Committee in various aspects of planning and execution of the museum’s Annual Art Auction. This internship will expose an intern to a high energy, multi-faceted experience. This intern needs to be able to multi-task and to demonstrate initiative. This a great internship experience for those who want to go into development or public relations in a museum or other non-profit environment.
The following is required for this internship:
• Assist in developing the Auction Catalogue
• Assist with pre-arrangements of the art auction
• Assist with Auction Catalogue ad sales
• Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills as the intern will be working one-on-one with artists and the public
• Proficiency with graphic design is preferable
• Should be available to work during the Art Auction which is help in late August, in the evening (not mandatory).
Summer Art Camp Intern:
Assist the art teacher in the weekly summer art camp program for students ages 6-12. Interns should have Art Education or Elementary Education background. This intern may also have opportunity to assist the Education Assistant with registering students in classes and database work as well. Art camp runs from the end of June through the end of August, 9:30 am - noon. CORI check required for this internship.
To apply for an internship, the following information is required:
E-mail is preferred, with all attachments in Microsoft Word format. Applications may be e-mailed directly to Angela Bilski, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A statement-of-purpose cover letter:
• clearly stating the internship for which you are applying
• academic and career goals
• personal interests
• skills you could bring to an CCMA internship
2. A resume or cv
3. Letters of recommendation which may be e-mailed directly to email@example.com. Please have the sender include your full name in the subject heading of the e-mail.
Please note that all internships at the Cape Cod Museum of Art are unpaid positions.
• When applying for multiple internships please send a separate cover letter and resume in one e-mail for each position.
• Only one letter of recommendation is needed when applying for multiple internships.
• You may include the cover letter and resume in the body of the e-mail, or in a Microsoft Word attachment.
• In the subject line of the e-mail, include:
1. Your full name
2. The title of the internship you are applying for
3. Season of internship you are applying for
Materials not submitted via email should be addressed and mailed to:
Angela Bilski, Volunteer Coordinator
Cape Cod Museum of Art
PO Box 2034
Dennis, MA 02638